Sunday, February 3, 2013

2012

Yes, we started a blog. Typical newly married couple thing to do. But I just couldn't resist. So I hope you enjoy.

I am going to start out by recapping 2012. I know, I know, it's February, but January was just a dreadful month. My mind was in a muddle and I would just like to forget that month. So my new year is beginning now....

2012. What a year! This year will live in my memory forever as THE year.

We rang in the new year with my family in Las Vegas. It was Joeys first time meeting my family and they loved him instantly. We had already decided we wanted to get married so I'm glad they liked him!



After the new year I was anxious to get engaged so I could share with everyone how happy I was. Joey told me it would be a while until he proposed. February 5, during the half time of the super bowl, Joseph Rulon Stuart asked me to be his wife. And I said YES!


We spent our first valentines day at the Lady Antebellum concert.


Can't forget the For Like Ever Party!



I turned 24! (I can't for the life of my find a picture of this. Tragic.)

We spent the next few months planning a wedding and finishing the semester of school. We did have some fun as well. Joey taught me to long-board.




In May Joey was able to travel home with me to South Carolina. I loved being able to show him Charleston! My wonderful mother had a joint wedding party for Mackenzie and I in Charleston. Joey was also able to go with me to my ol' Kentucky home!

My beautiful sister married the wonderful Jacob Bell on May 25th! It was a wonderful day, perfect in every way. Kenz was a beautiful bride and I couldn't be happier for them!

After the wedding Joey and I parted ways for the two longest months of our lives!

I went to Washington, DC for an internship with Ernst and Young doing tax accounting. It was a great experience and the highlight was my first trip to New York City to see Lorina!








Joey went back to Utah to work as a research assistant for the Charles H. Redd Center for Western Studies at BYU. With his research, he is presenting at this year's Mormon History Association and used it on his writing sample for graduate schools.

Joey and I were reunited one week before our wedding! We spent the week walking in graduation, spending time with our families and moving our stuff into our new apartment. My friends also threw me an awesome bachelorette party.





WE GOT MARRIED! Best. Day. Ever. Seriously though, the day could not have been more perfect. If I could I would live that day over again for the rest of forever.


We spent a magical week in Kauai, Hawaii for our honeymoon.





We moved into our apartment and started our last semester at BYU.

We went camping for labor day.









Adjusting to married life was different but also wonderful.

Joey had his most stressful semester ever. He took 21 credits, worked as a research assistant, and applied for grad school. Even with all of that he found a way to make me feel like I was number one and was a wonderful husband!

I got the best grades I have got since I started my masters.

We had a fun trip to Yellowstone with Joey's family.



Halloween happened.



We had some fun with our friends as well.





We spend a wonderful week in Portland with some of my family for Thanksgiving and visiting people from Joey's mission.

Joey turned 25! We had a birthday bonanza. We spent a weekend in Park City, ate at Tucanos, and watched the Hobbit.



We spent a wonderful Christmas at Joey's parents house and then the day after Christmas we started our journey to Virginia.

We drove four days across country.

We rang in the new year together at our new apartment in Virginia!




Goodbye 2012, hello 2013!

(Joey approves this message.)

2 comments:

  1. YAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS. I am so glad I could be a part of your life in 2012!!!!!

    ReplyDelete