Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quarter of a Century

March 2 I turned 25. Can't believe it. I'm getting up there!

 We had a fun birthday weekend to celebrate. Since Joey had to work Saturday, the day of my birthday, we decided to celebrate together on Friday. We both were off work by 3, which NEVER happens and was a huge treat. We had Chipotle and then headed to Georgetown to go iceskating at Washington Harbor. It was a perfect night. Clear skies and not to cold. It was a perfect place to ice skate. It was fun gliding across the ice holding hands with my love and just enjoying the fresh air. Neither of us fell but Joey did get bit by a small child...



Then we headed to Alexandria where we checked in for a romantic night away from home. We couldn't go far, because Joey had to work the next morning, but it was nice to get a little bit away and have a fun romantic night. We also enjoyed the cable TV since we don't have cable right now, ha.
I got to open my presents. The main present is getting to go to NYC this summer and seeing Wicked! I am super excited and can't wait! I love NY and am excited to explore more with Joey.

Saturday we slept in and got some breakfast and then took Joey to work. After that I spent most of the day shopping with my wonderful sister. We had fun walking the gigantic mall, Virginia knows how to do malls, and talking. It so fun having her so close now.
Sunday we had some people over for cake and ice cream. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of all of us together. Joey made me a delicious cake with homemade chocolate frosting that was delectable. To top it off my mom mailed me my all time favorite ice cream from Kentucky, Graeters, for me to enjoy!

It was a great way to start off my next year of life. I felt very loved and lucky to have so many great people in my life!

1 comment:

  1. You---both of you---seriously look so adorable!!!!! And I'm so glad you had a happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete