Saturday, May 25, 2013

DC Adventures

May has turned out to be a busier month then I imagined! Joey is busy with work as usual and I have been spending my time studying away for the CPA Exam and trying to make a dent in my long list of things I wanted to accomplish in May. In the little spare time we do have we are trying to take advantage of living in DC while we can! Now, lots of pictures!

{At the beginning of April we went to see the famous DC cherry blossoms. We were a few days early for the peak blossoms but it was still very beautiful. It was perfect weather and a fun outing.}
{Cute hubby with the Washington Monument in the background}
{Aren't we the cutest?}

{The next week we went on a boat cruise on the Potomac. It was sunny and beautiful and we loved learning all about DC from the tour guide. Joey and his history nerdness was happy!}
{Not the best pic of us, but the only one I have from the cruise. Good thing we have seen more sun since then}
{View of the Lincoln and Washington from our boat}

{My sister was off work one day so we decided to go to the national zoo. I always love the zoo and this one did not disappoint.}
{The beavers were a surprise favorite! We got to see them being fed and they were so cute.}

{I loved the panda! It was so cute eating the bamboo.}

{For Mothers day we decided to go to Mount Vernon. It was the perfect day! Sunny and 75.}

{Joey as Washington, isn't he handsome?}

{There were so many sheep! I loved them. I was so excited to see the sheep sheering but we missed it. Joey thought I
was crazy because I was more excited about all of it then the kids were.}
{I wanted to do a cartwheel and have Joey take a picture. He was very reluctant but finally agreed. He only let me try once though because he was so embarrassed of me.}

{This week we went paddle boating in the tidal basin! I have been wanting to do this forever but last summer it was to hot. It was perfect this week with a nice breeze.}



{Our duck friend Harold. He kept following us around and I loved it.}

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I feel like we haven't talked in forever! Miss you! Let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete