Thursday, July 25, 2013

First Day in New York

Finally finding time to blog about our fabulous trip to New York City! There are a lot of pictures so I am doing it in installments.

Joey and I have both wanted to go to New York together for a while so we decided to plan a weekend trip when we were still so close. We flew in from Utah Thursday night and then bright and early Friday  we caught a bus from DC to New York. It is about a 4 hour bus ride. Not to bad. 


We scored a great deal on a hotel right near the theater district. It was a perfect location for us. Plus it was a Doubletree, yummy cookies! 



We got there early afternoon so we decided to do a little exploring. I love walking around the streets of New York City and looking at all the sites. We strolled down 5th avenue and walked through St. Patrick's cathedral. It was beautiful. 


We then headed home and got all dolled up to go see my first Broadway play, WICKED! Joey has been before but I have always wanted to see it so he got me tickets for my birthday. As we were walking to the show it started sprinkling. We bought an umbrella from a street cart just in case and as soon as we had it in our hand it started pouring! That umbrella saved us. :) We ate at this adorable Thai restaurant with delicious food, right in the theater district.  


After dinner the rain had stopped and we had a little time left before the show so we walked around Time Square. 




Then it was time for the show! I just felt so giddy to be walking around New York City and going to a Broadway show with my best friend. The show did not disappoint! I LOVED it! The lights, the music, the singing, the dancing, everything! Not only is it a very well done show, I also just love the whole story line. Galinda is definitely my favorite part.  





After the show I was on cloud nine. The fun didn't stop there. On our walk home we ran across even more fun places and things to see. New York City at night is magical!



4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the rest!!! You look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan! These pictures are adorable and you look so beautiful! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Joe put this on Facebook! I loved the pictures and your commentary, Meghan! I could feel your excitement for the city and I was singing New York City songs in my mind while I was reading! It brought back a lot of memories for me too...I want to see Wicked too...what a fun Birthday present! Say Hi to Joe and New Jersey for the Haymonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really Becky not Emily....you can tell how little web things I do....but Emily is apparently going to NY too this next week. Love to you both

    ReplyDelete