Monday, July 29, 2013

Church, the Met, and Frozen Hot Chocolate


Sunday in New York was another splendid day. We started off the day by heading to church. We were able to see the Manhattan Temple and one of my mission companions! Oh how lovely it was to see her! and the temple!


After church we headed towards Central Park again and had lunch at the Shake Shack. Then we walked through the park to the Met. Oh what a lovely place! We walked around the museum for almost 5 hours! We loved seeing all the different kinds of art. Van Gogh, Monet, and Rembrandt were some of our favorites. It is magical in there. You could spend days.







On our way back to the hotel we stopped at the cutest little shop that Lorina recommended to get macaroons. I had never had a macaroon, and I was shocked at how much such a little cookie cost, but they were SO adorable and classy! And YUM! I loved all the cool unique flavors and I wanted to go back and buy like 100 more. After eating dessert first we headed to dinner at Virgils BBQ. After walking so much we were exhausted so we headed back to the hotel. It was only 7:00pm but I was way tired. We sat down to watch some of the NBA finals and I fell asleep. Lame I know.



But I woke up around 9 and we decided to go out for a second dessert. FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE! Seriously, it.is.so.good. I could chug gallons of that stuff. If you ever get a chance to go to Serendipity and try it, do it. You won't be disappointed. I'm not sure if Joey liked it quite as much as me, but he gobbled his up too so I don't think he hated it. :)





Another day in New York over, and one more to go.

1 comment: